With few exceptions, every person entering the United States from another country must have a valid passport and/or identification card. A visa is required for nationals from some countries. More information on visa requirements is available on the U.S. State Department website, including a list of countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program.
Each attendee is responsible for securing accurate information regarding requirements to enter the United States. Conference participants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the visa requirements for their country of origin/residence well in advance of the conference.
If you need a personal invitation letter to attend the Conference, ACBSP will send you one upon request. However, it will only be sent once you’ve registered and paid.
Email the following information to the Member Services Coordinator:
- Name (Name as it appears on Passport)
- Date of Birth (Date of Birth as it appears on Passport)
- Passport (Name of Country)
- Passport No. (Number as it appears on Passport)
- Date of issue (Date of issue as it appears on Passport)
- Date of expiry (Date of expiration as it appears on passport)
- Place of issue (Date of issue as it appears on Passport)
- Issuing authority (Issuing authority as it appears on Passport)
- Institution/Company That you are representing/registered under for ACBSP Conference 2018
- The US Consulate or Embassy name and address that you will be applying at.
A PDF document will be developed on ACBSP letterhead with the electronic signature of the President/CEO. See an example here. This will be sent via email. Unless specifically requested, a hard copy on letterhead with original signature will not be sent. Postage and shipping fees for a hard copy may apply.
If information is missing, your request may be delayed or may not be processed at all.
If a letter is required for an accompanying guest this can be issued as a separate letter or it can be included in the letter for the conference attendee. Please send an email with the following information or include in the invitation letter returned to ACBSP offices:
- Guests’ full name as it appears on the passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number, expiration date, country where issued (you may send a readable copy of the passport page if more convenient)
- E-mail address (optional)
- Relationship to the attendee
Please be advised that the letter of invitation does not imply any obligation on the part of the Conference organizers to provide any kind of financial contribution.
For assistance, please contact the Member Services Coordinator.